First United Methodist Church
Monday, May 20, 2013
Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors.
Girl Scout Brownie, grades 2-3
Going Places, Making New Friends
Girl Scouts Brownies work together in groups, earn Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its, and explore their community. Friendship, fun, and age-appropriate activities begin at the Girl Scout Brownie meeting and move out to the community and wider world.
Sample Activities for Girl Scout Brownies
· Visiting a zoo to feed—and learn how a veterinarian cares for—baby animals
· Marching in a community parade
· Working on Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its: decorating a T-shirt, learning a magic trick, exploring life on the prairie
· Planning an overnight to celebrate their birthdays
· Deciding how many cookies to sell to earn money for trips
· Camping and making s'mores over a campfire
· Learning to swim at summer camp
From a Girl Scout Brownie
"Since I have only brothers in my family, I'm glad I have sisters around the world."