At Moore 1st UMC, we believe in offering Bible studies, life skills classes, fellowship events, and mission opportunities that benefit the entire family. From our nursery and toddler rooms in our childcare area to our Sunday school classes filled with the pillars of our congregation and community, and all ages and stages in between, we know your family will feel welcome and will be able to serve Christ together alongside your family of faith here at Moore 1st UMC.
Family ministries not only benefit your nuclear family, but help grow a community around you that loves and supports you and serves Christ with you.
Family Ministries center around growth and service
With classes, small groups, and service opportunities for children, youth, young adults, adults, and senior adults, Moore 1st UMC is an inter-generational community of faith. We make use of the many ages and stages of life represented in our congregation as we seek to do the work Christ has prepared us to do:
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Hear what Jana has to say about ministry at Moore 1st UMC:
Finding Your Group
Living Life. Better. Together.
Below you will find a list of many of our opportunities to be in ministry with your family, as well as ways Moore 1st UMC helps strengthen families and strengthens service to Christ:
- Church-wide family picnics, barbecues, and fellowship events
- Gymnastics with Grace
- Homeless Outreach
- Family events through the Moore Old Town Association, Trunk or Treat and Family Fun Night, and marriage enrichment
- Love and Logic parenting training
- Mission projects and short-term service opportunities for families
- Foster Parents Night Out
- Hearts of Moore faith-based Parents Day Out Program
- Parenting classes for teenage mothers and fathers
- Project Transformation summer literacy camp
- Family retreats for children, parents, and grandparents at Canyon Camp in Hinton, OK
To find out more, and for specific dates and times, be sure to check out our events calendar, or contact Richelle Leibold, Director of Outreach and Welcome.