HomeGroup is a collection of small group gatherings in homes and shops across North Norman, Moore, South OKC, and Edmond. HomeGroups are a way for members of the church to meet and grow deeper in their spirituality and discipleship, share their joys and burdens with fellow Christians, and pray. Our three main goals are:
1) Serving Christ
2) Building Community
3) Growing in Faith
HomeGroups are quickly becoming an important part of peoples’ weeks here at Moore First UMC. HomeGroups are uplifting and energizing – try one today!
Click HERE for the most recent HomeGroup facilitator’s guide
1) SEASONS HomeGroup 9:45 a.m. | Facilitator Richelle Leibold // primary focus: college students and their parents
2) IGNITE HomeGroup 9:45 a.m. | Facilitator Moment Band
3) Lower/Upper Jr. High AGAPE Boys HomeGroup 5:30 p.m.
4) Lower/Upper Jr. High AGAPE Girls HomeGroup 5:30 p.m.
5) Lower/Upper Sr. High AGAPE Boys HomeGroup 5:30 p.m.
6) Lower/Upper Sr. High AGAPE Girls HomeGroup 5:30 p.m.
7) Disabled Adults HomeGroup 11:30 a.m. | Facilitator Adam Shahan
8) Shahan HomeGroup 6:30 p.m. | Facilitator Adam Shahan // primary focus: couples with young children
9) Ortega HomeGroup 6:30 p.m. | Facilitators Mike Russell, Ed Ortega
10) Jerusalem Daughters HomeGroup 6:00 p.m. | Facilitator Aly Shahan // primary focus: young adult female professionals
11) Chateau On The Green HomeGroup 10:30 a.m. | Facilitator Nan Lacy // primary focus: residents and friends
12) Moore Common Threads HomeGroup 3:00 p.m. | Facilitator Regina Smith // primary focus: prayer shawl and prayer bear group practice (benefitting Covenant Care Ministry Team, Visitation Ministry Team)
13) Women’s HomeGroup 6:30 p.m. | Facilitator Audrey MacDonald // primary focus: women in 30s
14) Women of Faith HomeGroup @ Nosh 6:15 p.m. // primary focus: women late 20s, early 30s
15) UMW Quilters HomeGroup 9:00 a.m. | Facilitator Joyce Statton // primary focus: quilting group practice (benefitting Infant Crisis Center, Women’s Shelter)
16) Monthly Coffee With the Pastor HomeGroup 6:00 p.m. | Pastors // primary focus: those who want to get connected with Moore 1st UMC
17) Intercessory Prayer HomeGroup 4:00 p.m. | Facilitator Jim Trent // primary focus: intercessory prayer
18) On The Journey HomeGroup 6:00 p.m. | Facilitator Bruce Pezant
19) Lectio Divina HomeGroup 6:15 p.m. | Facilitator Danny Wayman // primary focus: lay Bible reading
20) Lectio Divina HomeGroup 8:00 a.m. | Facilitator Danny Wayman // primary focus: lay Bible reading
21) Braum’s HomeGroup 9:30 a.m. | Facilitator Kathleen Frye // primary focus: women early in retirement
22) “We CQ” HomeGroup 7:00 p.m. | Facilitator Lynne Holman
23) Northwest Norman HomeGroup 7:00 p.m. | Facilitator Melissa Collier
24) Men of Faith HomeGroup 7:00 p.m. @ Buffalo Wild Wings | Facilitator Drew Shahan // primary focus: men in late 20s, early 30s
HOMEGROUPS IN INFANCY (Coming Soon!)
18-24 Year Old HomeGroup Alpha
18-24 Year Old HomeGroup Beta
Full Life, Empty Nest HomeGroup
We are launching new HomeGroups at least quarterly. If you are interested in joining or leading/hosting a HomeGroup, please contact Rev. Adam Shahan